Put dinner on the table in less than half an hour! Frozen sweet peas add pretty specks of color.
- cups uncooked bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (8 oz)
- slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2
- cups frozen sweet peas (from 12 oz bag)
- cup water
- lb uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed
- cup refrigerated Alfredo sauce (from 10-oz container)
- tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- 2Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Stir in peas; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water; cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until peas are tender and water has evaporated. Add shrimp; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and firm.
- 3Stir in Alfredo sauce and pasta. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with chives.
You could use rotini or penne pasta instead of the bow-ties if you like.
Frozen shrimp can be used, but be sure to thaw them before adding to the skillet.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
% Daily Value*:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
3 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 3 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet